Leda's Address

4400 Presidential Dr.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
87109

1st Nephi 3:7

And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Elder Cook 4-25-11


Hey everybody! So this weekend we got to listen to Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, along with Bishop Keith McMullin, and Elder Claudio Costa (the area authority for our mission). It was fantastic! Elder Cook talked to us about the Savior and the restoration. He said that it is important that we teach our less actives the importance of Joseph Smith and how is was foreordained to be a prophet. It will help them remember their own conversion. It was really cool. He said that he helped write Preach My Gospel, and that they never taught dispensations before, or Adam and Eve, but they felt very strongly that in order for people to understand the importance of Joseph Smith they needed to see the importance of the previous prophets. It was pretty cool! He talked about the Atonement, and that they felt very strongly that we needed to teach that the atonement makes up for all the unfairness of this life. Or something like that. I will have to look at PMG again. I was going to do that, but I keep forgetting! Anyway! It was cool. He also said that because of our willingness to serve missions, we will be blessed for eternity, and that everyone that we come into contact with in this life will bless them also. I never thought about it that way, that we will be blessed for eternity. It was cool!
Bishop McMullin got up and he said "Elder Cook will never say this, but I will. You are in the presence of a 12 Apostle. He is a prophet, seer, and revelator. He is a prophet." When he said those words, I knew that he was indeed an Apostle. I was thinking about his the other day, but Elder Cook is a witness of Jesus Christ, just like I am right now, I am a witness of Jesus Christ. I am not comparing myself at all with an Apostle, but it is cool that we have the same job right now. :) Elder Holland couldn't make it because he just made a 2 1/2 week trip to the middle east, and President Packer said that he wasn't going to go to ABQ, and that he needed to rest and take it easy for a bit. I guess he looked really worn out. So anyway, that's why we had Elder Cook. But did you guys know that Elder Cook and Elder Holland were mission companions? Cool huh? :) Anyway! It was a great conference! We had Bishop McMullin come to our stake conference yesterday. It was really good! He talked about Jesus Christ and the atonement. We 2 investigators to come yesterday. They are married. Their names are Doug and Theresa. I will have to tell you about Theresa sometime, her life is messed up! She has gone through A TON! It is a cool story. I will have to tell you when I have more time. Anyway! I love you! Thanks for the letters and the Easter package!
 
Love
Sister Stolp

No comments:

Post a Comment