Leda's Address

4400 Presidential Dr.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
87109

1st Nephi 3:7

And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

4-4-11


Hey everybody! What is new with you all? How is the garden going? Haha! That reminds me. So the other day we did service for an investigator named Pam, and we helped her with her yard and getting all the weeds and dead things out. So as I was plucking and pulling I noticed a smell that I haven't smelled in YEARS...it was mint!!!! I was so excited to smell it again! It took me back to California and the good old days of mint taking over our yard on the side of the house. :) I was so happy! She also had a dead lilac bush that she didn't know what it was, so I told her it was lilac. I know because that was one of mommy's favorite plants. It was interesting how much I knew about plants and gardens, when I didn't know I actually knew that much! It was fun! I should be a farmer. JUST KIDDING!!!! I will not be a farmer, but I will have a garden one day. :) Anyway, it was fun. We also did service for a man who had strayed from the church for 40 years, but is now coming back to church  and is getting his patriarchal blessing, and his son is a little interested in the church, so we talked to him for a bit. But anyway, we painted a shed for a neighbor of his. It was fun! Last week I got to go on exchanges with the Los Lunas sisters...I got to go back to Los Lunas with my "daughter" Sister Hiatt! I was so excited! I wasn't sure how it was going to be, especially with all that had happened there when I was there, but I wanted to go back to see if I could mend a few things in my mind. It was the best experience for me! I got to see so many people that remembered me (I haven't been there for 6 months), and love me. Imagine that. :) I got to see Miguel Flores!!! He was an investigator when I was there, he was so close to getting baptized. He was the one with the date for your birthday dad, Aug 27, but he missed it because he wouldn't listen to me or the spirit and took a job that didn't allow him to take the lessons anymore. BUT he got baptized on Oct 10!!! And I missed it! BUT he gave me a picture of his baptism, which I will cherish forever. Miguel and his fiancee Diane were married shortly after that, and they told me that they will be getting sealed in Salt Lake sometime this year or next year. I told them that I will be in SLC, and they said that they wanted me there!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooooooo excited for them to get sealed! It makes my heart so full to know that I could help him along that path to eternal life! :) :) :) I have a special place in my heart for Miguel and Diane. Sister Hiatt and I got to teach a few lessons together, I love her. We went and saw Danielle Hardyman, she is coming back to church and all that, and just loves the sisters! So she had gotten her recommend to go get her patriarchal blessing, but didn't have the guts to call the patriarch. So we made her call the patriarch right there on the spot. :) It was awesome! We are so evil together, but it worked! So she will be getting that within the month.
Anyway! So Annie, are you on bed bedrest or what? What is happening with that?
Well, I love you all!
 
Love Sister Stolp

No comments:

Post a Comment