Leda's Address

4400 Presidential Dr.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
87109

1st Nephi 3:7

And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Zone

Dear family, sorry I was not able to write a letter home, I didn't have time. Tomorrow Sister Oborn is going home to Wisconsin. She has been having to many health problems and will not be able to continue her mission. It is better this way for her, so that her health does not get worse and then suffer the rest of her life from the effects. So I'm getting Sister York who is serving in ABQ right now in a 3 some, so I'm hoping everything will work out. Sister Oborn is really sad to be going home, but she knows it will be beneficial to her health. It has been a struggle for both of us these last 2 transfers, and it will be better this way. She is a good missionary and did everything she could in her power and that her health allowed her too. She is definitely going to continue to be a member missionary and continue to do the Lord's work. We are both really sad about this, but it needs to be done. I have learned a lot about patience and how much I need Heavenly Father's help when it comes to charity and love and patience. I had a blessing from President Miller about everything I've been struggling with and he said in the blessing that Heavenly Father knows how strong I am and that's why I came here to Los Lunas...He knew that I could do it. There have been so many people here that we've met who have brain tumors or that had a family member die...and I just could not handle it last week. I was so close to having a mental breakdown. But to hear in the blessing that Heavenly Father knows how strong I am and that I can do it...just gave me hope and a renewed strength to keep going here. President was afraid that I wouldn't be able to handle this area for a few more weeks, but I told him that I know I can do it. I have learned a lot on how to rely on Heavenly Father and prayer. It has been quit the journey, and it's not over, but it will just make me that much stronger in the end. President was afraid that I was angry at Heavenly Father (and I was afraid of that too), but when he asked me if I was, I was surprised to find out that I wasn't. I felt like I actually relied on Him more than I think I ever have. It has been interesting to see myself now and what I was 3-4 years ago. He also said that there are many many people here in Los Lunas who are waiting for the gospel and that me and my new companion will find these people now that I have the capability of going out for a whole days work (I can count on 1 hand how many full days of work I've had since the end of June). So I'm really excited to see where I can take this area! But like I said, Sister Oborn was a good missionary and did the best she could.

We have Zone Conference tomorrow and I'm really excited! I really need some spiritual boosters and some training to help me with my work in Los Lunas. It is a really hard area and we have stepped it up in the mission, and it will be so nice to get some training! Anyway! That has been my week, nothing to exciting. Dad, the guy who was going to get baptized on your birthday (Miguel) is going to have to postpone his baptism date. Sorry, I tried. But we have 2 more scheduled baptisms, so it's exciting! Hopefully they will happen. :)

I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment