Leda's Address

4400 Presidential Dr.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
87109

1st Nephi 3:7

And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Just Goofin'

(note from the editor: I didn't get a letter for these pics. But I did find a letter at my dad's house while I was visiting him that I hadn't seen, so here it is!)
July 19th, 2010
Dear Family,
What's up? How's everybody's summer? Do you boys have jobs yet? So where was the Wilson reunion? Are the Stolps doing one this year of next year?
Dad, missionary work is like a garden. But we full-time missionaries almost never plant the seeds. It's usually the members or acquaintances who plant the seed. Every member a missionary! We missionaries are the harvesters. Like in D&C 4 "the field is white already to harvest." Without the members we would have no harvest! I've noticed that people who do not have or had association with people from our church are less likely to listen to us. But the people who have had some sort of friendship with a member - they are more likely to listen to us. It's not always the case, but they are more likely. So yes, missionary work is like a garden, and EVERYONE is involved - not just full-time missionaries. I like how you said rain is like the spirit. We as the "gardeners" can only do so much to help the "plants" grow. The "rain" or spirit has to touch, "water", the growing seeds. Anyway, the members are just as important in missionary work, it's your church too! So if you give the elders a referral, ask if you could go with them to contact the person you refer them to. It's more effective that way. Just a tid bit:) So my companion, Sis Oborn, had to go tot he Dr. on Saturday, in ABQ. It was interesting. She found out she has a cyst on her kidneys! The Dr said it was like having a freckle. So we'll see. But he just said to stay away from acidic foods like green chili's and tomatoes. Sad! She did really really good the other day though, she has a hard time tracting for too long. But yesterday we trackted for almost 2 hours in 103-106 degree weather. We were both sweating like pigs! It was gross! But she was awesome! She pushed herself so hard and didn't faint! I was so proud! Of course I don't faint, so I was good.:)
Love Sis Stolp
P.S. Valerie, you have to read "The Hidden Spell" by Kimberly Griffiths Little. The bishops wife here in Los Lunas wrote it. She's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment