Leda's Address

4400 Presidential Dr.
Albuquerque, New Mexico

1st Nephi 3:7

And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Monday, January 10, 2011


Hey everybody! So my week has been kind of weird. Ok, so first of all Sis Bode has had a sinus infection for the past month or so, so we were in for a few days around New Years, which was ok, but she was bound and determined to be fine by Wednesday for our trip to Albuquerque for the sisters meeting. So Wednesday morning we drove up to ABQ for the sisters meeting. It was amazing! The drive was long, but it was beautiful, and I got to see Los Lunas again! That was interesting. So anyway, we stopped by the office to drop some things off and to pick up a few things. We got some really really cool mormon.org cards...you guys have to get on and create a profile! It's an awesome website! Infact, I got on and I saw Vance Taylors profile! He has 2 kids and works in DC for homeland security. His life is just amazing. It was awesome to see where he's at in life. So anyway....while we were at the office I saw the stake president for the Los Lunas stake, that was really cool to talk to him a bit. Then we went to Presidents house and had the training. Those meetings are bitter sweet, I love them because it helps me see what I can improve on, but then I can see ALL my faults and it makes me feel really bad. But it was good. :) It was really fun to see all my old companions and all the other sisters that I have served around. So then we had to drive home, we stopped in Los Lunas for dinner, which was really hard because Cassandra (a RC of mine) lives right down the street from where I was! :( But I was good and didn't go to see her. So we got home about 9:30ish (we got up at 5am), so it was pretty much a full day of driving (9 hours). So the next day we worked and stuff, but that night I felt really sick. The past 2 days I was fighting it, but Thursday night I was aching and I was hot and my stomach didn't feel good. So I took my temperature, it was 99.6 (maybe, the thermometer was being stupid), so we stayed in for about 2 days, but I went out every once in a while. But I feel fine now. :) But these past few weeks have been a battle with our health. Hopefully we got it all out and will be fine for the rest of forever. So then we went to church, had a great time, etc...and at dinner we got a call from Sister Miller, so we answered it (we usually don't answer it if we are dinner) and she said that the spanish sister, Sister Jarman was bit by a dog on Saturday night and had to get 11 and 5 stitches, and she was afraid that Sister Jarman would have to go to the hospital again that night (it was bleeding a bit still). So anyway. After dinner we had a lesson with some less active kids, and then went to assess (?) the situation to see what we needed to do. Like if they needed to stay with us that night or if she needed to go to the hospital. So we got there, and there was blood on her very thick bandage, and she was pale and her hands were white and cold but her body was hot. We saw some pictures of her leg before it got stitched up...it was a pretty good gash. It didn't go to the bone, but I wouldn't doubt that it was close. She was on some pretty strong meds too, she was on antibiotics and hydrocodone.... So they started telling us the story, and how she didn't listen to her companion and that is why she got bit by the dog. So she started feeling guilty and started to cry. She couldn't calm down and started to shake and feel sick. We called Sister Miller to find out what to do, we wanted to take her to the hospital, but they called a doctor and said that she was ok. So we tried calling the hospital and ask them a few questions, but they put me on hold but never came back to me. So we prayed about what to do, and the feeling was so strong to take her to the hospital (I also had a feeling that she might be allergic to the meds). So we decided to take her to the hospital in Las Cruces (where she went the night before) which was about 1/2 hour away. We pretty much told President and Sister Miller that we were taking her to the hospital because we felt that we needed too, and they said that they had prayed also, and they had gotten the same feeling. So as we were driving she started convulsing and wanted to go to sleep. So we kept her talking, but she couldn't remember a lot of things, like what her brothers names were. She was sweating really bad, and yet was cold. She said that her leg hurt, and then after a while, she said that she couldn't feel pain. I don't know what was going on, but all I knew was that the Spirit told us to take her to the hospital. So we finally got there a 100 hours later. They took her into the back and pretty much asked her why she was there. I was like are you kinding me?!? But finally she calmed down and stopped convulsing and shaking, and she finally started to talk sense. We were discussing what could have caused her to have that attack, and we though 2 things, she is allergic to the meds, or she took to many. So the doctor finally came in and said that her leg looked really good, and that she shouldn't worry about it bleeding a lot, that is what gets the germs out. I asked if she could be allergic, and he said no, but that she took to much meds. She barely weights a 100lbs, and she took 2 pills of the hydrocodone every 4 hours a couple of times, so she just had to much in her system. Shoof! So they dressed the wound again, and sent her on her way. We got home at 2am last night...it was a long night. Sister Bode and I talked about how we were glad we followed the Spirit. Nothing major happened, good or wrong, but we were glad we did what we were told. And we are glad that we did not find out what would have happened if we didn't listen! Sister Jarman is doing good now, she is only taking one pill at a time, hopefully every 6 hours apart. But we are going to check on her tonight to see how she is doing.
Anyway! That was the craziest part of my week! I will send pictures in my next email for you to see. I don't have the pictures of it open, but these ones are from last night. I love you all!

Love Sister Stolp

No comments:

Post a Comment