Leda's Address

4400 Presidential Dr.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
87109

1st Nephi 3:7

And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Angie

Hey Annie! I love getting emails from you! What have you been up to other than getting fat and being lazy? :) I have lost almost all my mission weight...5 more pounds to go and then I'm back to where I was! Yay!


So let me tell you about Angie. It was a few days after we got here that I had to go to a training meeting and Sister Bode had to go with 3 other sisters during the day. So while I was in training she tracted this one street with the other sisters, and found Angie. SIster Bode gave her a plan of salvation pamphlet (by mistake? I think not) and set up a return appointment. So we went back and taught about the plan. She grew up Jehovah's Witness, and they don't believe that everyone will make it to heaven, and a bunch of other stuff. So she liked how we thought, and it made sense to her, and it actually gave her hope for her and her family. She has a husband, Jason, and a daughter, Jasmine who is 2. So we taught her about 3 times a week and she just kept amazing us all the time! We would teach her, and she would totally think outside of the box...we always walked out and talked about how she would be general RS president in about 6 years. She just knows things and sees things that most people do not catch. It was just amazing to teach her! We set her baptism for Dec 18, 6 weeks after we found her. But then we felt that she was ready way before that, so we bumped it to Dec 4, 4 weeks after we found her. And it actually turned our perfect because the guy who baptized her was going to be out of town, and Angies husband was going to be gone (he's in the military). But she progressed so fast and so well, I was just amazed! She doesn't like the JW church, and was ready to find the truth. She loves us coming over and she actually crocheted us bears for Christmas! They are so cute! I will show you them when I get home. So that is Angies story! We love her to death and we will be sad when we leave. But she is definitely like our sister.

How is it going at the Stolps house? Dawn actually sent me a Christmas present, I was a little surprised, but I was happy. It was a bath soap kit, which I dont' take bathes, but the thought is what counts. Oh man I had some good enchilada's the other day! Wow! The tortillas were dipped in a chili sauce that she made herself and then the tortillas were fried and then she put chicken and onion (she soaked the onions in apple cider vineager, yum!!!!) in it and rolled it up. Oh man, they were to die for! Best ever! Sister Bode of course put cheese and sour cream on hers. Man they were yummy!

Ok, I think that is it! I love you! Send me pictures of your beautiful daughters!



Love

Sister Stolp

No comments:

Post a Comment