Leda's Address

4400 Presidential Dr.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
87109

1st Nephi 3:7

And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Albuquerque, Mew Mexico

Dear Annie,
So I made it to New Mexico in one piece. My mission president (Pres. Anderson) is really nice and his wife is really sweet. I really like them. But, I found out my mission is splitting in July- there will still be the Albuquerque mission but will go down to the Mexican border and some of Texas. Then the Farmington New Mexico mission will be created. It covers all the Native American Reservations in New Mexico, Utah and Arizona and I think Colorado. So the Phoenix and Mesa AZ missions are splitting into the Farminton mission. So depending on where I'm serving in July that will be my mission. Right now I'm serving in Gallup New Mexico which wil be in the new mission - there is a chance that I will stay here for the next 6 months, but there's also a chance that I could get transfered. I'm kinda not sure about the split because the elders and Sister Edwards could be put in the new or old mission - so we may not even have mission reunions together! So I'm sad, but excited at the same time. We'll see what happens. Heavenly Father knows where I'm supposed to be. Anyway! My companion is Sister Anderson the younger because my mission Presidents wife is Sis Andersen the Elder. It's really cute:) She's an awesome trainer! So out here we are surrounded by reservations - the roads are mostly dirt, so lately with all the rain and snow it's been muddy out on the rez (reservation). Of course I didn't know it was going to be muddy when we went out there, which was I believe my 2nd day out here, so I wore my nice suit jacket. Sister Anderson made me walk through like a mile of mud that day! Ok, not really a mile, but it sure felt that way! I think at one point my shoe came off because it got stuck in the mud. But there was snow beside the mud, so I walked in the snow mostly. Sister Anderson was smiley and laughing the whole way! She's a farm girl so she's used to it. I wouldn't have minded the mud, only that I was wearing a skirt!!! There was one place where there was like amud river with some snow/ice in it, and Sister Anderson thought it would be a good place to cross. But little did she know that they were FLOATING ice chunks! HAHA! She almost biffed it, but because she has talent, she didn't fall. But one time her leg sunk to her ankle in the muddy water. Me on the other hand being smart walked around in between some trees. I totally fell in like 2 feet of ice because a branch caught my skirt. So I'm not sure who was the smart one in finding an easier route. Sigh. Anyway! That was a pretty fun day!
We are teaching a lot of people right now. One of the investigators that Sis Anderson has been teaching is getting baptized next month. So we're both pretty excited. It really hasn't been too hard to teach. The Spirit really knows his stuff!:) I just have to open my mouth. It really helps me to teach when I care about the person. I have talked to a few people and just tried to teach what I know, but that neverworks! I have to care about the person before the Spirit starts to work. But either way, the Spirit is always there no matter how well or bad I teach. I just have to trust Heavenly Father.
Did I tell you it's pretty much a blizzard out here? I'm so bummed! I was expecting like 80F weather! Oh well, we drive a trick that has 4wd:) That's why we didn't get stuck in the mud (which we did in 2wd).
There's a flea market out here every Saturday where we set up a booth and give pass-along cards. It was really strange at first, but once I got to talking it was ok. We gave over 55 pass along cards, and a couple of pamphlets. My comanion told me that she got 107 once. Crazy! Well, we may have talked to that many people, but they didn't want any cards. Oh well. Anyway! If you want to send me letters my address is 4400 Presidential Dr. Albuquerque, New Mexico, 87109. I would love to get mail.
I'm sending you pictures with this letter, so hopefully you can get them on the computer with this letter:)
The Church is true, the book is blue, and Moroni is still on the ball! HAHA! My old companion told me that one. Man, do I love the Book of Mormon! I've been reading the war chapters, Moroni is so not scared of anyone! I hope I can be like Moroni one day. Anyway! Ttyl!
Love
Leda

No comments:

Post a Comment