Leda's Address

4400 Presidential Dr.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
87109

1st Nephi 3:7

And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Es Bueno


Hey everyone! Annie, I'm so glad that you didn't leave me out! Was that your way of telling people you were pregnant? I was freaking out because I thought I missed something. Sheesh! That's cool that you're due in August! Maybe you will have the baby RIGHT after I get home! That would be cool. :) I really want to come help you this summer with the girls, but I really need a job, so we will see what happens and what feels right. Anyway! UGH. I don't want to go back to school so quickly! I want to take some online classes, but I don't know what that will benefit me. I have a hard time retaining information, but if it's in front of me then I can remember. I have to rely on my companions to remember little details about when people are going to be home, etc... It could be that I just deal with a lot of people, but I think my brain is losing it's function. My companion even said I should get my memory checked out because it's so bad. But here's the thing. I remember people that we meet and where we met them and where they live and their name and their situation. Whereas my companions never remember. So I don't know. I think I just struggle with nitpicky stuff. But what should I do? It's very frustrating for me. But people say that online classes are not very helpful. Ask Jimmy about online classes, please? But if I do online classes I could stay with you for a couple of months to help you (I know Jimmy will go crazy with me living with you guys! Hahaha!), and then I could come home and be with the boys and Val for a while. I don't know! I just want to spend time with you guys! Oh well. Heavenly Father will let me know what to do. I don't really want to take it to Him just yet because it's not the right time to be thinking of school and all that. I need to focus on my mission. Which speaking of my mission. :) This week we had so many lessons! Our mission weekly goal is 20 lessons a week, and this is the first time I have reached that in a LOOONG time! It was amazing! I think it was because we had such a bad week last week and were feeling extremely discouraged, that Heavenly Father helped us get these lessons so that we can feel like we are successful. Which was very much needed! We have been feeling like failures for a few weeks now, especially last week. We thought for sure they were going to close this area down to sisters, or just let the elders take over the whole ward. That was our fear, but Heavenly Father knew we needed this week and He didn't close the area down AND we both stayed another transfer. We have been teaching this one lady, Melinda, for several weeks now. Her husband, Leonides, is extremely less active and will not come to church (most likely he was offended, and also, he doesn't speak english, so it makes it hard in an english ward). So anyway. Melinda has been dealing with a lot of health problems and a lot of stress from other things. Her husband is internally bleeding and hasn't been able to see a doctor yet, and she has a cyst, and her son, Leo, has a heart murmur and he's struggling in school with his reading. And this has all happened in the last week. So we saw her on Tuesday, and took her to Sister Richardsons house (RS Pres) for a lesson. We were reading a conference talk with her on how to listen to the Holy Ghost. So anyway, at Sister Richardsons, Melinda broke down. All she could see what blackness and no way out. She was so overwhelmed with everything, and she was so frustrated and angry. Her mom also passed away 2 1/2 years ago, and she can't seem to find closure. It was so sad to see her like this. Usually Melinda is smiling and happy, but definitely not that day. So we talked to her, I'm not sure how much that helped. BUT Sister Richardson has 8 kids, and she is one of the most relaxed ladies I have ever met, she is so calm and peaceful and you feel very comfortable in her presence. So that is what Melinda saw and felt. I'm not sure what she heard of the talk that gave her comfort, but it was seeing Sister Richardson so cool and collected. That really touched her. So the next day we went by Melinda's to see how she was doing, and she could not stop saying how impressed she was with Sister Richardson and how calm she was. Melinda really wanted that calmness and that peace in her life. We kept telling her that it was the spirit and the knowledge of the gospel that gives us that peace. And that she too can have that peace in her life through baptism to receive the Holy Ghost. We asked her to come to church, because that is where she can feel the spirit, and she can see better how the gospel effects our lives. So we went back everyday this week to help her and see how she was doing. She actually started doing better throughout the week, and got out of her funk. BUT she didn't come to church. No one came to church. We were so discouraged! We worked so hard this week to get out investigators to church, especially Melinda! And then didn't come. But I have faith that if we keep trying and doing what we know is right, then Heavenly Father will bless us one day and our investigators will come to church. I have been here for 3 months, but I feel like I have only been here a week! There is so much for me to do down here! I really want to finish my mission here. I have so much love for this area! I love the people here! I really don't want to leave, EVER! I will be a missionary here forever. :) Anyway! That is my letter this week. I'll probably finish the letter that I'm writing home and send it sometime. But don't wait for it. :) I love you all!
 
Love
Sister Stolp

No comments:

Post a Comment